United States Materials Marketplace Pilot Project
- June 30, 2016: Materials Marketplace awarded “Top Project of the Year” by Environmental Leader
- January 20, 2016: U.S. Materials Marketplace Wins Prestigious “Circulars” Award at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
- November, 2015: U.S. Materials Marketplace Pilot Project Report
- July, 2015: From Waste to Opportunity: Over 20 Companies Launch New Project to Scale up Material Reuse across US Facilities
The Materials Marketplace is a new online tool designed to help companies:
- Easily upload and track material waste streams across the enterprise
- Capitalize on opportunities to match excess material streams with input needs within a safe online community
In response to member interest, CEF is collaborating with the US Business Council for Sustainable Development (US BCSD) and the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (WBCSD) on a pilot project to test the effectiveness of the Materials Marketplace platform within our trusted member communities. During the initial pilot period beginning in July 2015, participants had free access to the Marketplace, dedicated assistance from US BCSD experts at matching material flows, and the option to continue after the pilot period at a specially negotiated rate. A project report detailing the results, lessons learned and path forward for the Marketplace is now available.
- Easy, secure, and confidential data input and by-product transactions
- Expert support in reuse opportunity identification and materials exchange facilitation
- Engage employees across your organization to inspire creative thinking around material reuse
- Intuitive to all users, regardless of prior experience
- Synthesis of over 20 years of project experience and global knowledge on materials reuse
- Captures and manages all aspects of by-product reuse effort in one tool
Fully customizable to fit specific project needs
- Facilitates performance tracking and reporting
Join the Marketplace
- Interested members should contact CEF Director Amy O’Meara.
- You may also listen to a recorded webinar introducing the pilot and including a demo of the platform in our member center.
- The first phase of the pilot project has been completed. For more details, please refer to the project report. The next phase of the pilot is now open to additional companies.
- The CEF Materials Marketplace will build on CEF, US BCSD and WBCSD’s trusted communities of members, and all information contained in the Marketplace will only be visible to participants and our US BCSD “Synergy Experts.”
- Participating members prepare a summary of available resource streams that they would like to make available on the Marketplace, as well as a potential “wishlist.”
The potential success of the Marketplace increases with every company that joins, creating more opportunities for possible synergies. The more companies that join, the lower the cost of participation. For more details on pricing and joining, please contact CEF Director Amy O’Meara.