The Annual Meeting of the Corporate EcoForum takes many steps to provide members a sustainable event.
- Invitations, registration and communications are delivered via e-mail.
- Post- meeting feedback will also be obtained via an online survey.
- All materials are included in one book, reducing individual handouts.
- All materials are printed with either soy based or vegetable based inks and earth friendly paper.
- Bottled water will not be supplied at the meeting. We will have filtered tap water available at convenient locations.
- Met with the Green Team of the Ritz, chef takes all efforts to work with the local farmers supplying them compostable waste. All foods are sustainable and brought in from a 50 mile radius.
- Excess food is donated to a local charitable organization.
- Any paper products are earth friendly.
- All transportation will be provided by biodiesel buses and shuttles.
- The busing service this year is provided by Prime Executive, the leader in Biodiesel buses, shuttles and hybrid car service.
A/V and Electrical Services
- Ritz-Carlton AV will be providing green AV systems using predominantly LED lighting.
- Ballroom lighting and air conditioning will be used only when necessary.
Signage & Supplies
- Signs - Reused by Art Vista School Program after conference.
- Lanyards – Reused by schools as student ID badges during field trips. Lanyards are completely compostable, even the clip. Name tags are made of recycled paper.
- Badges – Printed on seeded paper. Attendees can plant their badge and grow flowers or donate them to be recycled as part of the city’s beautification project.
- Supplies - CEF reuses all office supplies, flip chart pads and other materials that were not used at prior forums.
- The CEF meeting planning company, Encore Productions, is an eco-conscious firm which makes significant efforts to operate sustainably, including a commitment to reduce and recycle all products used in the business.
- Meeting planner reduces the amount of printing all event orders by pushing to a iPad for onsite use and all edits to the hotel. The iPad has become a powerful tool, this potentially can cut 300 pages of laser printed paper.
- The Meeting planner will use an iPad to carry all printed Event Orders which on some events can be from 40 - 690 pages. All notes are recorded on iPad Event Orders and then stored as archive information for next year's budgeting.
Traveling to the CEF Annual Meeting
The following services and guidelines can help you enjoy a more “green” experience at the CEF Annual Meeting.
At the Hotel
- Newspaper - If you do not wish to receive a complimentary copy, simply decline the service at registration.
- Linen and Towel service – Request every-other-day service to reduce environmental impact and energy usage.
- Lights - Please be sure to turn off all lights in the hotel room when not in use.
Eco-Friendly Rental Cars/Limousines
- Prime Executive is undertaking a comprehensive approach to environmental sustainability. Through our partnership with Green Ride Global, we have developed a corporate Environmental Policy that address the immediate and long-term environmental impacts of all aspects of our business.